18th Haanja100 MTB 2021 – Rules and Regulations
The purpose of the event is to popularize the nature of Haanjamaa and to popularize the whole Võrumaa as an ideal place to spend ones time on a bike. The event is also a perfect occasion to test ones physical and mental abilities on an extra-long distance competition.
2. TIME AND PLACE
Saturday, 25th of September, 2021. The start is given on the field in front of the Hotel Kubija in Võru. The finish is at the same place.
3. RACE AND ROUTE
100 kilometer race will be held on one lap. The start is at 8:30am. There are 4 feeding stations on the track.
NB! The 100km track has approx. 1650 meters of vertical climbing.
The route of both races consists mainly (about 50%) of single-tracks, some of them in the forest, some on the fields. About 25% of route is wider path. The rest of the route goes by smaller and bigger roads, covered with gravel and asphalt.NB! Organizer will set closing times for the feeding stations depending on the track and weather conditions at the race morning. The finish is opened till 9pm, but the control time is 11 hours for the 100km race, so everyone crossing the time limit will be on the track on their own responsibility – organizer will not guarantee the open Service Points or secured road crossings.
NB! In Service Points (SP) will be offered Enervit sports drink (you can fill your bottles or camel-backs), fresh water, salt, bread, salted cucumber (pickles), banana and raisins. In addition to the usual menu, SP1 offers Enervit energy goods, SP2 offers buns and cakes, SP3 offers yoghurt and curd-sweets, also pasta and sausage , SP4 offers RC Cola and water-melon. You can also get limited technical support at each SP. The spare parts have to be paid in the finish. If possible also a bike wash will be organized in case the weather conditions demand such help.
4. COMPETITION CLASSES
100 km race – Men, Men50 (born before 1971) and Women
The registration begins on 5th of July 2021 at 8:30am via following channels:
1. via website www.haanja100.ee
2. via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (recommended for clubs and for invoice requests)
Entry is open for anyone who is born on 25th of September 2003 or earlier and is fit enough to finish the race.
6. ENTRY FEES
Entry fee includes: marked route, bib number with participants name and country flag (only for those entered before September 11th), electronical time-keeping, feeding-stations, finishers T-shirt, pre- and after-race pasta-party in hotel Kubija restaurant, after-race relaxation in hotel SPA, diploma, free entry to the after-party.
Entry fees for 100km race:
Early bird price: 5/7-31/7 – 96€
Special price: 1/8-31/8 – 108€
Special price: 1/9-15/9 – 120€
Last minute price: 16/9/-24/9 until 11pm – 132€
– the entry fee is not refundable. The participation can only be transferred to another participant until 17th of September 12pm, for a fee of 15€
– if the event is canceled or delayed for reasons beyond the control of the organizer (Force Majeure), the entry fee will not be refunded
– participants who like to receive an invoice should inform the organizer before the payment of the entry fee.
Awarding ceremony of 100km will take place at 16:00
Awarded will be: 6 best in Men, 3 best in M50 and 3 best in Women.
All finished participants will receive a Finishers T-shirt and diploma with their time and place.
8. SPECIAL RULES
1. everyone will participate in the race at their own risk and responsibility;
2. the type of the bicycle is not regulated;
3. proper helmet is obligatory;
4. roads used in the race are open to the traffic; riders must follow common traffic rules, signs and traffic officers’ instructions;
5. carry with you basic tools and spares, nutrition and a fully loaded mobile phone;
6. seeing someone in need of help, be sure to call 112 (general distress number) and after that +372 511 4179 (the organizer);
7. in case of abandoning the race you can order transport to the finish by phone + 372 511 4179.
NB! KEEP THE NATURE CLEAN! Please do not throw trash (used packages, bottles) into the nature. You can put them into the trash-can in every feeding station.
9. ORGANIZER AND INFO
SK Haanja Rattamaratonid MTÜ, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +372 511 4179 (Mr. Ivar Tupp, speaking English, Finnish, Russian).